Schizophrenia is a disorder that can cause delusions, hallucinations, lack of motivation, or trouble thinking. Most commonly, schizophrenia leads someone to have trouble telling the difference between what’s real and not real.
Symptoms of Schizophrenia may Include:
- Hallucinations (seeing things that aren’t there)
- Hearing voices when no one is speaking
- Unrealistic way of remembering things that happened
- Trouble making or sticking to plans
- Difficulty with speaking or expressing feelings
- Difficulty in enjoying things once enjoyed before
- Trouble thinking
- Acting in a severely disorganized way
These symptoms often appear between someone’s late teens and early 20s. The good news is that proper treatment of this illness may help reduce how severe these symptoms are, or how often they happen.
Schedule a New or Follow-Up Appointment:
Dr. Dansereau is currently accepting new patients. To schedule your first appointment, please call 504-897-0201 now. Existing patients can schedule follow-up appointments by phone, or can click here to schedule online.